Thursday, November 19, 2009

WANTED: ENGLISH INSTRUCTOR ASSOCIATE

I didn't know that an online English teaching job exists. I thought that online teaching has not yet been done since it was still the time when teaching online outside the classroom has been a topic for debates. Is teaching outside the conventions of a classroom healthy for learning and development or not?

It was almost graduation then and I was looking for a job through online recruitment sites. Since I was a major of Literature so I was browsing through jobs in Editorial, Journalism and Education. I saw this interesting job opening on JobsDB.com.ph about online English teaching. Compared to other job openings of the same nature, the salary is higher and allowed me to choose my preferred shift among morning shift, pm shift and broken shift. No graveyard.

The AM and PM shifts' salary is about the same. However, given the difficulty of being in a broken shift, the salary is P2,0oo-3,000 more. Broken shift is worse than graveyard. It's from 5-9am then you go back to the office from 7-11.

So I was blinded by the salary of this shift's promise, P16,000. Imagine getting that much and I just graduated!

Thus, started my ESL teaching journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment